A.Velička: "Victory is important both emotionally and psychologically"
In the press conference after the match, "Ekranas” forward Andrius Velicka was in good mood and full of witty responses, praised young Edgaras Baranauskas, who, according to the forward, played a good game and remembered his last hat-trick.
- How could you comment on the match and the last goal?
- V. Luksa threw the ball from the sideline, I stopped it, looked, defenders was retreated, the end of the match, where there no place to push forward, I thought I need to shot to the box, and I scored. When so many players could not play, it’s very hard, but today's match showed that it is not irreplaceable. We played a very good match. There weren’t many main players such as A. Kucys, M. Andelkovič, I. Dedura and others. E. Baranauskas played he is just 19 years old for the first time in the starting line-up and played a really good match. Perhaps he’s lack of experience, could play better sometimes but in general his performance was very good.
- What is the value of the victory?
- It’s not an every day match when you win 2:0 and then the opponent manage to equalize the result and over added time you scored the third goal. The victory is important very much both emotionally and psychologically.
- How important is the victory having in mind the league table?
- We will have three points more than before the match.
- When have you scored three goals last time?
- The day before yesterday during a workout (smiling).
- And in a match?
- Probably in Scotland in a Cup match, in 2007.
- Can we say that “A. Velicka shoot” in this match? Is this match psychologically important?
- Of course, yes. When you score three goals, you become confidence it becomes much easier. Finally, I shoot, finally ...
- Is it one of the best games in your career?
- I do not know there were many matches in my career; some are better some not so good. Let the coaches, spectators valuate that. I think it was quite a good match.
- Will you remember this match?
- Of course, it will (smiling). As they say, the result remains the match is forgotten, - said A. Velicka in the press conference.